Camillus House volunteers are diverse in every way. They are multi-cultural and speak different languages; they are students, teachers, attorneys, retired professionals, homemakers, clergy and performers to name only a few.
Camillus House offers a wide range of on-going and project-related assignments. Some volunteers help every week, others assist only with special projects or events. Volunteer opportunities exist for most every interest and schedule.
Volunteer opportunities include but aren’t limited to:
- Help prepare and/or serve food.
- Host a food or fundraising drive.
- Help organize a special event.
- Provide business consultative services.
- Teach a skill (yoga, cooking, financial literacy, etc.).
- Assist staff with clerical assignments.
- Help in the garden or warehouse.
Volunteer With Us
Individuals who wish to become Camillus House volunteers must:
- Be 14 years old for on-site volunteering and have an adult (18 years old) with them at all times.
- Register on our GivePulse portal.
- Attend one of our monthly orientations. (You do not need to RSVP to attend orientation.)
Please note: Camillus House is no longer able to accommodate volunteers from the Department of Corrections.
Groups of 5-10 volunteers do not need to attend orientation but must be scheduled. Most groups volunteer in our kitchen preparing and serving meals to our clients.
In order to volunteer with a group, you must:
- Be 14 years old for on-site volunteering and have an adult (18 years old) with you.
- Have 1 adult for every 5 underage volunteers.
- Register on our GivePulse portal and schedule a date and time.
New Volunteer Orientations take place on the 3rd Saturday of every month unless otherwise noted on our GivePulse calendar.
The next orientation will take place on Saturday, October 29th from 9:30am to 11:00am on our main campus.
Please register through our GivePulse portal.
If you have additional questions, you may contact Alessandra Laricchia via email [email protected] or phone 305-374-1065 ext. 438.
From Your Kitchen to Our Hearts
Casseroles Out Of Kindness
If you love to cook, and are looking for a way to help, this program is for you!
Individuals, religious groups, and other organizations are invited to join our Casseroles Out Of Kindness (C.O.O.K.) program, helping Camillus House provide nutritious meals to the hungry and/or homeless in our community.