Lunch & LearnDate: Friday, February 15, 2013Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
1603 NW 7th Avenue
Miami, FL 33136
Lunch & Learn...
The Camillus Lunch & Learn series provides friends, supporters and stakeholders in the community with a deeper understanding of Camillus House and Camillus Health and their long-standing mission of helping men, women, and children who are poor and homeless.
Taking place at the new Norwegian Cruise Line of Camillus House, the Lunch and Learn program provides an opportunity to meet with a dedicated group of professionals who are committed to making a difference in our community. In about 75 minutes you’ll learn about the organization’s history and vision as you are treated to an enjoyable lunch. After the presentation you can also tour our permanent housing facilities and see first hand how Camillus House and Camillus Health are helping to rebuild lives right here in our community.
There is no charge to attend the Lunch & Learn series. However, advance registration is required.
A few of the things you’ll learn:
- Where and how did it all begin?... Learn about Camillus’s involvement in the Cuban-American community in the early 1960s.
- Change... The organization has changed a lot over the years, as it has built capacity and services to better respond to the needs of our community.
- Homelessness and poverty... In the past four decades our community has grown ever larger and more complex, which has led to a rise in homelessness and poverty.
- Can chronic homelessness be eliminated?... Learn about what Camillus House, Camillus Health and others are doing to end the vicious cycle that has so many individuals and families in despair.
- Together we can make the difference... The future is what we make it! When people work together we can empower change and success.
Future Lunch & Learn Events:
- Friday, June 14, 2013
- Friday, August 16, 2013
- Friday, October 11, 2013
Special Evening Event: "Food for Thought" —
Thursday, April 18, 2013, 6:00 pm